Management & Consulting
THOMAS B. ROWE , Managing Director joined the company in 1984 and manages the yacht sales and charter division. Prior to joining NYM, Tom sold new and used yachts in New York with McMichael and in Newport with Bartram & Brakenhoff.
Prior to that he owned and operated a travel agency in Chicago. Tom also has experience serving as an owner's representative in a custom yacht building project where his responsibilities ran the gamut from preparation of general specification to equipment selection to final delivery of the yacht. Tom's sea miles include the U.S. Coast from Maine to Florida, Bermuda, the Caribbean, the Greek Islands and the Great Lakes.
From the conceptual stage when commissioning a new yacht, the experienced NYM team can help you in selecting the right design, the most appropriate yard, or advising on the best materials and accoutrements to meet your needs. We'll even function as your advocate, on site, during the construction refit process, assuring the most effective use of your money.
- Design Specification: The NYM team will help you develop a detailed list of engineering and accommodation requirements, to make certain that the end result will be suited to your tastes, budget and intended use.
- Materials and Equipment: The NYM team working closely with the owner, captain, designer and builder offers knowledgeable insight into construction material and equipment necessary to assure that the yacht is as seaworthy as it is elegant.
- Shipyard Supervision: The NYM team is familiar with every aspect of yacht design and construction making us an indispensable ally at the yard; we oversee every detail to assure top quality workmanship, delivered in a timely manner, at a fair price.
- Yacht Maintenance: The NYM team works directly with owners and captains to develop a prudent maintenance and inspection schedule for the yacht. This can make the critical difference in preventing unnecessary expense and the inconvenience of lost time and or revenue due to unscheduled repairs.
- Crew Employment: Our practical knowledge gives you a significant advantage in supervising the many complex tasks involved in creating a luxury yacht.
- Consulting: Could include e valuation and recommendations on corporate or individual ownership,
importation duties,and logistics on the proper documentation.
Advisory services on benefits of pre-owned yachts vs. new construction in relation to your requirements.
Comprehensive yacht insurance review, through NYM recommended insurance brokers.
Charter marketing advisory service, including market positioning, appropriate pricing, plus assistance
with design and production of yacht brochures and marketing support
Our comprehensive knowledge and experience in the sale of substantial yachts, ensures that clients wishing to buy or sell, receive the finest service available in the industry. Contacts with all the major houses, on a personal level, as well as through Yacht Council , (which is an industry owned MLS) by computer and modem, enables us to identify an extensive range of yachts meeting our clients general criteria.
We educate our clients so that they are not unduly bothered by trivialities and properly understand areas of major concern. We advise on whether or not re-negotiation is necessary or when it is appropriate to resort to a simple escrow agreement.We have a working knowledge of many of the laws effecting yachts as they travel around the world. We are particularly strong on what is required of vessels carrying the US flag. We have been consulting with the U.S. Coast Guard for several years about the documentation and registration of charter yachts.
Most of the knowledge employed to benefit the buyer of a yacht also applies to the seller. Beyond the change in focus, we can help with a marketing plan, establish a fair market value for your yacht, create and place ads in appropriate media, consult with fellow brokers and buyers about the viability of your yacht in the marketplace, revising strategies to implement a fast efficient sale.
NYM's depth of knowledge in the yachting and travel industries lends an uncommon perspective to our charter sales division. We go beyond traditional charter brokering, seeking to provide clients with a memorable yachting experience, as opposed to merely "finding them a boat." Having lived and sailed in most of the world's great cruising grounds, the NYM professionals know not only when and where to go, but how best to get there. Our worldwide network of distinctive yachts is available to escort guests to virtually any destination. We'll assist with travel arrangements to and from the charter base, identify key points of interest along the way and advise guests about local customs and practices.
We work directly with clients or through other licensed brokers. Should an NY M yacht be unavailable at the time and location of a client's choosing, we'll work diligently to find a suitable alternative. We also insist on speaking with the captain directly to assure all arrangements are clearly understood prior to each charter. All we need from the client is information on the type of cruising they enjoy, the number of guests, budget parameters and when and where they would like to go. We'll handle the rest.
This personal attention to detail is the difference between the NYM yachting experience and ordinary chartering.
Promotion Clearinghouse Reservations
Some owners use chartering as a means to partially offset maintenance and improvement costs, while others view it as an important business keeping their yacht actively engaged throughout the year. Whatever your interests, NYM can devise a plan tailored expressly for you.Our objective is to enhance opportunities for productive use of the yacht through:
- Maintaining thorough booking calendars for each of its client's yachts; virtually eliminating lost revenue due to double bookings.
- Arranging all charter contracts, including receipt, approval and signatures, using owners power of attorney, charter’s preference information and sees that copies are properly forwarded to owner, broker and captain.
- Collecting and holding charter deposits in a trust account.
- Arranging disbursement of funds, as designated by owner and/or captain upon commencement of charter.
- Communicating directly with each vessel under contract and monitors movement on a regular basis.
- Providing monthly accounting statements (i.e. charter accounting activities and associated expenses to owner and/or captain).
- Maintaining accurate vessel calendar information on our Web sight: www.fineyachts.com, Central Yacht Agent, MYBA and in the CDI Guide,
- Producing and mailing news bulletins, a monthly newsletter and calendar of yacht activities to our worldwide agent network.
- Sponsoring the “Annual Spring Charter Yacht Show” in Newport, RI exclusively for charter brokers to view many of the world's most luxurious charter yachts.Well over 100 of the most active brokers attend these shows.
Financial Insurance Ships Agent Crew Placement
NYM FINANCIAL SERVICES:
NYM CREW PLACEMENT:
NYM SHIP'S AGENT:
NYM VESSEL & CREW INSURANCE
Whether developing a comprehensive charter program or orchestrating the daily complexities of yacht delivery, maintenance and shore side support, the NYM Team is here for you so that your own personal use and valuable recreation time will be trouble free.
A yacht can be an excellent investment and ownership should be worry free.
Whether you currently own a yacht, plan to purchase or build 'your dream'
the NY M Team can guide you through all aspects by.....
Making the Sea Work for You
Call Tom Rowe for pricing